Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Work
Location: Blue Mountains & Central West,
Seeking experienced, passionate candidates that have strong boundaries, reporting skills, who can display positive role-modelling, give emotional support, and build trust and rapport with staff and young people in residential care to join our team.
Your role is to support young people who display behaviours of concern and who are survivors of complex childhood trauma from a strength-based perspective using a person-cantered approach. You will be providing and following therapeutic practices to assist them to achieve positive outcomes, independence, focus on their education, and daily living skills. As a youth support worker you will be actively contributing to the wider wellbeing of individuals.
- Role model and reinforce positive behaviour through social learning, social responsibility and emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage challenging situations with a positive attitude
- Assist young people to develop living and life skills
- Flexible rotating roster which includes day and night shifts, weekends and sleepovers
Skills & Experience
- Diploma of Youth Work, Community Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated skills and experience in youth services, residential care or supported accommodation
- Demonstrated experience working therapeutically with children and young people who have significant challenges and trauma
- Demonstrated ability to implement case plan goals
- Valid NSW drivers licence
- First Aid certificate
- Satisfactory criminal history check
Successful applicants will be remunerated under the SCHADS Award. Classification level will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
**Due to a high number of applicants only those that match the criteria will be contacted**
If you have any questions please call 02 9549 5753
Recruitment Consultant | Wellbeing