Team Leader – Out Of Home Care
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Care
TEAM LEADER – OUT OF HOME CARE
Salary: $90,441 – $94,433 depending on experience, plus Superannuation + Salary Packaging
Permanent, Full Time role
Location: South Western Sydney
The Team Leader is responsible for leading a team of Out of Home Care Caseworkers, to ensure clients are in secure, safe and nurturing home environments, providing case management and support services for children and young people who are unable to live with their families. You will be responsible for the management, coordination and oversight of services within the OOHC Case Management Team, by undertaking activities such as supervision of staff, oversee carer recruitment/training/support, ensure systems are in place to correctly record case notes, in line with Office of The Children’s Guardian (OCG) and overseeing the handling of placement referrals. You must have strong knowledge of the recruitment, assessment, training and support of carers to support the healthy development and protection of children and young people. Flexible working is available where possible. Travel within the Sydney Metropolitan may also be required. You will oversee a team of around 5 Case Managers. You will not carry a case load. Pool cars are available.
- Relevant Degree level qualification (for example Social Work or Psychology)
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of working with families with complex needs.
- Experience in working with children and families from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- A well-developed understanding of child protection, the relevant legislation and knowledge of research and theoretical frameworks for working with children and young people who have experienced trauma through abuse or neglect.
- Experience of report writing, using analytical skills
- Working With Children’s Check
- NSW Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role call 0421 205 113.