Residential Youth worker
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Care
Location: Sydney, NSW
We are looking for a number of Residential Youth Workers in Sydney’s Western Region who have extensive experience in the OOHC. We are looking for someone with extensive experience in taking case notes, reporting skills, who can display positive role-modeling, give emotional support, and build rapport with staff and young people in residential care.
Your role will be to support young people who are survivors of complex childhood trauma from a strength-based perspective using a person-centered approach. You will be providing and following therapeutic practices to assist them to achieve positive outcomes, independence, focus on their education, and daily living skills.
Location of interest:
- Marsden Park
- Acacia Gardens
Only the candidates who meet the following essential criteria will be called!
- Must have a minimum of 12 months demonstrated experience within the area of residential OOHC or youth homelessness supporting youth people from a trauma background
- Certificate 4 or Diploma in Community Services/Youth Work
- Must have TCI or PART training Certificate
- Valid Police Check (Within the past 3 years)
- First Aid/ CPR
- Ability to work therapeutically with complex behaviours
- Valid and full Drivers Licence
- Extensive experience in case noting and reporting
- Experience working within the ITC framework