Positive Behaviour Support Consultant
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Allied Health
Skills: positive behaviour support, PBS, Occupational Therapist, OT, Mental Health, Disabilities
Location: BBTECH_RESERVED:List(Oceania > Australia > Western Australia > Mid West > Geraldton=Geraldton, Gascoyne & Midwest), WA
- Great opportunity for an OT or Social Worker to gain further PBS experience
- Attractive salary
- Regional WA Mid West Location: Geraldton
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering exceptional care and service to their clients. They have been supporting people living with intellectual and developmental disability in a positive and compassionate way since the 1950s! Their focus is on enabling and supporting people living with intellectual disability in their transition towards independence. They believe independence is the freedom to make choices about your own life, and take responsibility for those decisions.
You will conduct comprehensive behavioural assessments relevant to the clients presenting needs and circumstances. Develop and implement evidence-based behaviour support programs, which might be delivered in the form or multi-systemic interventions and/or individual therapy.
Along with delivering training and consultation to staff and families, based on contemporary practice and professional standards and promoting environments that support and maintain positive behaviour.
- Manage a caseload of 25-30 behavior support referral.
- Produce evidence based reports, safety plans and behaviour support plans.
- Assist the business to convert all behaviour support cases to funded service delivery.
- Deliver evidence-based services that are consistent with a contemporary human rights approach to support customers.
- Implement behaviour support strategies that comply with current legislative and governance requirements.
To Be Successful:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an Occupational Therapy or Social Work
- Current registration with Allied Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check
- Experience in Disability Services provision and delivery with a person centred approach
- Experience in case management to meet desired outcomes
- At least 2 years’ experience in behaviour support
- Understanding of The NDIS Quality and Safeguarding principles including behaviour support, restrictive practices and incident management.
- Excellent time management skills as well as communication skills.
What you can expect in return:
- Excellent remuneration $78 – $98K + super.
- Relocation assistance to be provided.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Further knowledge and experience working with the NDIS framework.
- Grow your career in PBS.
Please click APPLY now or if you would like further information, please contact TAYLA
(08)9381 4343 0414 446 093 / firstname.lastname@example.org