Mental Health Occupational Therapist
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Allied Health
Job Duration: 3 Months
Skills: occupational therapist, ot, mental health, inpatient, alice springs, hospital
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia, NT
- Experienced Mental Health Occupational Therapist
- Relocation Allowance & Travel Allowance provided
- $87k – $104k (based on experience)
- Fantastic experience to grow your career and knowledge in Mental Health!
About the role
An exciting opportunity waits for an experienced Mental Health OT!
If you’re looking for a change of scenery and have experience working within an Acute Mental Health Inpatient setting, then we NEED YOU.
- Provide culturally appropriate OT services to patients within a Mental Health Unit.
- Participate in the promotion and implementation of Occupational Therapy policies, plans, procedures and resources for therapy and education as required.
- Maintain clinical standards through documentation of patient care and statistics, participation in continuing education, professional development and performance management as per departmental requirements.
- Contribute to optimal patient care and case management using an inter-disciplinary team approach, through participation and liaison with medical, nursing and allied health staff, external agencies, family or other carers.
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with AHPRA – no limitations
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience – Mental Health focused
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary and individually
- Understanding and experience, or a willingness to learn, of Indigenous and remote health issues
- Good written & oral communication, time-management and organisational skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current WWCC
- Current and clean drivers licence
- Excellent remuneration package
- Contract progression opportunities
- Further your career and knowledge in Mental Health
- Access to a multidisciplinary team advice and clinical supervision
How to apply
If you meet the above or are interested in working in The NT
Please click APPLY now or if you would like further information, please get in touch (08) 9381 4343 / firstname.lastname@example.org