Locum Speech Pathologist – Disability Service
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Allied Health
Job Duration: Ongoing
Location: Melbourne, VIC
An excellent locum role has arisen for a Speech Pathologist as follows:
- Working for a centre for learning and therapeutic development for people with a disability.
- Offering a range of individually tailored one-to-one therapy services aimed at supporting the unique therapeutic needs of people with disability.
- Providing a holistic approach to help determine the needs and goals of each participant and tailor a unique therapy program.
- Based in a purpose-built Therapy Centre including a warm water therapy pool, fully accessible gymnasium and modern treatment spaces.
- Offering clients the flexibility of a mobile service travelling across other campuses, as well as home and community visits and flexible service delivery options such as telehealth.
- Incorporated within a large Allied Health Team actively managing a diverse and challenging clinical caseload of predominantly young adults ranging from mild intellectual disability through to multiple and profound physical and intellectual disability
- Develop communication skills, build capacity for safe independent eating and drinking, and assist with strategies or technology to improve communication abilities
- Jointly work within the MDT to implement interdisciplinary treatment goal plans.
- To start at the date of your earliest convenience
- Ongoing to cover permanent recruitment – 4 months +
- Full time hours preferred but not essential (standard is 08:30-16:30) but can be flexible on that if needed
- Experience using eye gaze devices is desired but not essential
For further information, or to submit your application, please contact Ross Pearle on 0421 088731 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org