Locum Occupational Therapist – Disability Service
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Allied Health
Job Duration: Ongoing
Location: Melbourne, VIC
An excellent locum role has arisen for an Occupational Therapist as follows:
- Working for a centre for learning and therapeutic development for people with a disability.
- Offering a range of individually tailored one-to-one therapy services aimed at supporting the unique therapeutic needs of people with disability.
- Providing a holistic approach to help determine the needs and goals of each participant and tailor a unique therapy program.
- Based in a purpose-built Therapy Centre including a warm water therapy pool, fully accessible gymnasium and modern treatment spaces.
- Offering clients the flexibility of a mobile service travelling across other campuses, as well as home and community visits and flexible service delivery options such as telehealth.
- Incorporated within a large Allied Health Team actively managing a diverse and challenging clinical caseload of predominantly young adults ranging from mild intellectual disability through to multiple and profound physical and intellectual disability
- Providing clinical assessment of participants’ occupational performance, physical, social, assistive technology and communication needs.
- Supporting participants and their families to identify and prioritise goals and provide intervention to enable them to maximise their outcomes.
- Jointly work within the MDT to implement interdisciplinary treatment goal plans.
- To start at the date of your earliest convenience
- Ongoing to cover permanent recruitment – 4 months +
- Full time hours preferred but not essential (standard is 08:30-16:30) but can be flexible on that if needed
- Experience in sensory profiling and sensory based intervention is desired but not essential
For further information, or to submit your application, please contact Ross Pearle on 0421 088731 or via email email@example.com