Locum Occupational Therapist
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Allied Health
Job Duration: Ongoing
Location: Sydney, NSW
Two excellent locum opportunities have arisen for available Occupational Therapist as follows:
- Based within a public health team
- Located in Sydney – one position in a Western suburb, the other within a South West suburb
- Working for their Community Transitional Aged Care Program teams
- Level 1 and 2 applicants welcomed to apply
- To start at the earliest date of your convenience
- Ongoing for at least 2 months to cover permanent recruitment
- 5 days per week (although will consider 4 days if preferable)
- Providing a package of services to patients who have been in hospital, and following discharge, require a combination of “low intensity” therapy and home support services.
- Therapy can be provided either in a person’s home or in a residential aged care facility.
- The aim is to improve a patient’s functioning and avoid the possibility of needing to return to hospital.
- The program is time limited (maximum of 12 weeks) and based on helping each person work toward their individual goals.
- A person needs to be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) while they are in hospital to be eligible for the program.
- Previous experience in a TACP setting or an alternative community aged care team is desirable
For further information please contact Ross Pearle on 0421 088731. Otherwise please submit your application to confirm your interest!