FIFO Midwife/Child Health Nurse
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Nursing & Midwifery
Location: Cairns & Far North, QLD
I am currently seeking a dual registered Midwife/Child Health Nurse for a fantastic contract I have available for up to to 12 weeks with the potential to extend for the right person. The preference would be for someone who lives locally to Cairns to be able to FIFO Monday-Friday and return home on the weekends. However, all applicants will be considered.
About the Opportunity
As Midwife/Child Health Nurse, you will work closely with Maternal and Child Health Workers to provide direct and comprehensive child health and midwifery services to the communities of Cape York. You will deliver a culturally sensitive clinical service across the Maternal and Child Health continuum, within a multidisciplinary team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Nursing and Midwifery and current registration with the Australian Health Practice Registration Authority (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse and Midwife
- Demonstrated competence in clinical and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan, coordinate, and evaluate increasingly complex client care across the maternal and child health continuum
- Postgraduate qualifications in Child Health, or willingness to undertake and complete the qualification within a specified timeframe
- Queensland immunisation endorsement or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of current Queensland Child Protection Legislation, policies, and procedures, and the demonstrated ability to apply these principles within the context of a maternal and child health program
- Understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, particularly in Cape York
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in accordance with community protocols and customs
For More details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or APPLY below