Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Work
Location: Melbourne, VIC
The Family Violence Practitioner provides intensive, innovative and holistic interventions to men and women who have perpetrated or experienced family violence.
- Locums to support facilitating Men’s Behaviour Change groups (MBCP), locums that are delivering this work need to have previous experience facilitating MBCP groups and completed the Graduate Certificate in Client Assessment and Case Management
- Availability to facilitate MBCP groups from 5pm to 8pm.
- Experience working in Corrections and with AOD and Mental Health.
- There may be a need to travel for the remaining locums to deliver outreach services.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, or a relevant field working knowledge of the complexities of family violence.
- Experience co-facilitating Men’s Behaviour Change Programs.
- Demonstrated experience with separation, Family Law, mental health, sexual abuse, alcohol and other drugs and family violence issues.
- Demonstrated clinical experience working with multidisciplinary teams to provide Family Relationship/Family Support services.
- Demonstrated ability undertaking assessments and working effectively with parents individually and in small groups, who have experienced high levels of conflict.
- Experience working with and understanding developmental and therapeutic needs of children, who have experienced trauma, abuse and neglect.
- Ability to respond to challenging behaviours and an understanding of the origins of these behaviours, when working with children including trauma and attachment.
- Information technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and client management systems.
**Due to a high number of applicants only those that match the criteria will be contacted**
Recruitment Consultant | Wellbeing