Disability Support Workers
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Care
Location: Perth, WA
Sugarman Australia are currently recruiting experienced Disability Support Workers to join our Perth team due to expansion of services.
We are Passionate about delivering the highest quality of Care to our clients and believe in the importance of Job Matching and supporting you to reach your career goals.
To apply for this position we require;
- Minimum 12 months experience (As a support Worker)
- Current National Police clearance (Dated within 12 Months)
- Current First Aid / CPR (Dated within 12 Months)
- Current Manual Handling (Dated within 12 Months)
- Current Medication administration (Dated within 12 Months)
- Flexible Availability (Min 20 Hours per week)
Skills and Responsibilities
- In-Home Care, Community and Facility Settings
- Work with complex care needs and challenging behaviours
- Transport clients to and from community based activities
- Experience in assisting people to make choices enabling them to reach their full health and wellbeing potential.
- Understanding of the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Personal care assistance / Household domestic assistance / Meal preparation
- Assist with activities of daily living, community support and empowerment
- Caring for the aged passion and good active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This position would suit someone with a positive Can-do attitude and previous experience working within the Disability and Community sectors.
If you enjoy making a positive impact in the lives of others and meet our criteria then hit the [APPLY NOW] button to submit your CV. Applications from individuals who do not meet the above criteria will not be short listed