Disability Support Worker
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Care
Location: Perth, WA
Sugarman Australia currently partner and support Disability and Aged Care Organisations within the health care industry with their recruitment needs. Our Social Care division have several opportunities available in the High Wycombe area.
About the Role;
Sugarman Australia are seeking a dedicated and experienced Disability Support Worker to join the Perth team. Sugarman are passionate about delivering the highest quality of care to our clients and believe in the importance of job matching and supporting you to reach your career goals. We realise that happy workers means happy clients!
Staff skills and responsibilities;
- In-Home Care, Community and Facility Settings
- Work with complex care needs and challenging behaviours
- Transport clients to and from community based activities
- Experience in assisting people to make choices enabling them to reach their full health and well being potential
- Understanding the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Personal care assistance / Household domestic assistance / Meal preparation
- Assist with activities of daily living, community support and empowerment
- Good active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this position you require;
- Paid Employment within Health Care (Minimum 12 months – unfortunately Volunteer / Prac is not sufficient)
- National Police Clearance Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Manual Handling Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Medication Administration Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- First Aid & CPR Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check (We can organise this for you if you do not have one)
- Car Registration Number (If car will be used for work)
- Current Drivers Licence & Reliable Vehicle
- Two work references including work email addresses
- NDIS Screening Check
- Flexible availability
If you are passionate about helping others then hit the [Apply Now] button to submit your cv.
It is necessary for applicants to have all of the above criteria to apply for this position. Applications from individuals who do not meet the above criteria will not be short listed.