Counsellor – Problem Gambling
Website Sugarman Group
Job Category: Social Care
Location: Sydney, NSW
COUNSELLOR – PROBLEM GAMBLING
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $92,500 + Superannuation + Salary Packaging
Location: South Western Sydney
The ‘Counsellor – Financial Gambling’ is responsible for providing financial counselling to clients who are experiencing financial distress as a result of problem gambling to enable them to successfully manage their financial affairs, independent of further financial counselling.
- Financial Case Work to referred clients.
- Assessment of referred cases.
- Provision of information about financial options.
- Provision of information to local community workers/services.
- Act as a resource person to other team members on financial matters.
- Group work on relevant issues, both in-house or to other community groups.
- To collate information and data to facilitate service provision development and planning.
- Relevant Counselling qualifications and Accreditation.
- Ideally a member of NSW State Association of Financial Counsellors (FCAN).
- Relevant experience working with clients experiencing Problem Gambling
- Case management experience in Financial Counselling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer protection legislation and policy, credit system, debt recovery and bankruptcy laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate tasks and work within a team construct.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also within a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and an ability to undertake statistical returns.
- Current Drives Licence.
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements above, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, for a confidential chat about the role, call 0421 205 113.